Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Answered Prayer

John 14:13-14
If you ask for anything in my name, I will do it for you, So that the Father's glory will be shown through the Son. If you ask me for anything in my name, I will do it.
Last Thursday during my quiet time I felt very strongly to pray that our buyers would come see the house that day. I had full confidence in this leading of the Holy Spirit. And so my day goes and I continue to have the buyers on my heart. 1:00 rolls around no call from the relator about a showing, so I think well this must mean it will be short notice I better get this place in order. Luke walks in the door at 3:10, phone rings at 3:20 we have a showing at 4:00. I ask the lady from the office, do you believe in prayer? Because I knew these people were coming and I am going to be ready for them. It was still a family effort to get the house ready in 40 minutes and all of us out the door.
Thursday night we get a call they are coming back in the morning for a second showing. I call my neighbor Pam ask her to keep an eye out for these people since they are the ones. She says they are a family with a 2 year old boy.
Saturday no news no showings, Sunday same.
Monday our relator says they are deciding between yours and 2 others. Again we pray, we lower the price, try to get their attention and move us up to the top of the list.
Tuesday we accept an offer. An answered prayer. Never before have I experienced a prompt to pray and to have faith in something like this. It has been humbling. God will take care of me, but to let me be apart of it, that is amazing.
This move has been an adventure, yes it is hard but to experience God around every corner that is worth it.

1 comment:

Coops said...

Just thought I would check in to see how you guys are doing. I love your new house. What a blessing for you guys that things have worked out the way they have. Your last two stories brought tears to my eyes. Prayer can be so powerful. Hang in there on this new adventure!!