Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Poor Poor Bruiser

Bruiser has done it again. This time it is a Popsicle stick. About a month ago Annabelle dropped her banana Popsicle on the ground outside. I decided to let Bruiser lick it while I held it. Next thing I know he has sucked it out of my hand, and it was gone before I knew. The look on his face made me think he did not even know he swallowed it. Poop checks for a month and no stick. Sure enough it is stuck in his intestines. Surgery on Wednesday, and he will come home on Monday. As you can imagine I feel awful. We are committing to the initial surgery and hoping it is not worse when they get in there.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that really, really stinks.

tara said...

holy cow - all i can say is it is a good thing bruiser does not live at our house or he would have checked out to the farm long ago.

Stacy Feather said...

Update, his surgery went well. The stick did not cause any damage. We will pick him up on Moday. You all will get to see him in his cone.

Anonymous said...

bruiser is always a nice reminder why we do not have a dog. i simply do not have the energy or space in my life. glad he's ok.