Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A Roarin' Review

Luke took me to go see the Lion King Musical at Music Hall in KC for an early b-day present. We LOVED it!! Going to musicals has been many birthday and Christmas presents, here is my run down starting with my favorite:

  1. Wicked(Chicago)-Best story and music
  2. Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat-Funny with a different genres for each song
  3. Beauty and the Beast(St. Louis)- A classic favorite with over the top costumes and tech work.
  4. Lion King- Costumes are reminiscent of Cirque de solei, fun african cultural songs and dances, lots of good laughs.
  5. Phantom of the Opera- A classic must see.
  6. Mama Mia(Vegas)- Fun tribute to Abba.
  7. Jesus Christ Superstar- I enjoy the conservative version, the broadway tour is the liberal version.
  8. Rent(Denver)- There are a few songs I like from it other than that, it was not a storyline that drew me in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love musicals too. I will put Lion King on my list. There are so many I want to see. It has been a long time.... I think the last one I saw was I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change in Denver. (very good!) Saw some good ones in New York - How to Succeed in Business, Beauty and the Beast, Rent, Cats (didn't really like Cats but I appreciated some of the dancing). I don't really like the opera-y ones (I'm the only play-going person I know who didn't like Phantom). The girls are getting so big.... and so darn gorgeous. Sorry Ellie is giving you a rough time during nursing...hopefully it's a phase.

Miss ya!

Lisa (Geis)