Monday, April 09, 2007

Balance From Moderation to Passion

So the MOPS magazine has given us a sample of Full Fill magazine, living out your leadership and influence. I really like it, one night I was reading this article and it was like yes, this is exactly how I feel. Here is a taste:

Domestic Equilibrium Definition: that mystical, magical state where
one can actually pivot potty training, Martha Stewart-esque decorating,
dinner prep,
spiritual development, pilates class, blogging,
small group night, organic baby food processing, grocery shopping, bill
paying, friendships (huh?),
volunteering, beauty regimens, and a vibrant marital relationship on an axis the
size of a pin-head. Of course, if we're good women, dedicated women, savvy women, we should be able to manage this.
Get just the right mix of it all. Right?.... However we define balance
in our lives as women, we cannot avoid this truth: Jesus engages people
primairly on the level of what manages them, not what or how they can
manage. Jesus presses first and foremost to know the passions that
drive them. Becuase for better or worse passion organizes our
lives. It's what gets us out of bed and how we set priorities.

What a relief, find your passion, protect it. That is what gets us through the overscheduled week. So I treasure my ballet and my relationships with the YL leaders, my passions.

2 comments:

tara said...

amen... i needed to hear (read) that.. love you!

Unknown said...

Got to hang out with Kelly and Julie today (Separately). I know you're jealous! Hope to see you next weekend, and we'll talk soon!